Your personal information is important to Megaworld Foundation, its employees, agents or representatives
(collectively referred to as “Foundation”, “we”, “us” or “our”). We handle your personal information and
data in accordance with Republic Act No. 10173, otherwise known as the Data Privacy Act of 2012, and its
Implementing Rules and Regulations (collectively, the “DPA”).
We recognize the importance of your rights as a Data Subject under the DPA, as follows:
1. Right to be informed
2. Right to object
3. Right to access
4. Right to correct
5. Right to rectification, erasure or blocking
6. Right to damages
7. Right to data portability
8. Transmissibility of rights
PERSONAL INFORMATION COLLECTION
Personal Information under the DPA refers to any information, whether recorded in a material form or not,
from which the identity of an individual is apparent or can be reasonably and directly ascertained by the entity
holding such information, or such information, when put together with other information, would directly and certainly identify an individual.
In the performance of our activities, or as part of our transactions, we collect your personal
information which may include, but not limited to: name, gender, age, email address, residence address,
phone numbers, educational and family background, and other information necessary to perform any of the following purposes:
1. Application to our scholarship program;
2. Volunteer or register to our socio-civic activities;
3. Donate or participate in any of our fund-raising and awareness programs;
4. Engagement and/or transactions with partner museums; and
5. Other activities related to the purposes of the Foundation.
6. When you provide information other than your own, you certify that you have obtained the consent and authority of the owner
of such information (such as your parents, spouse, children, dependent, or any other person) to allow us to disclose and process such information.
We use your personal information to:
1. Determine your eligibility to our scholarship and fund-raising programs, socio-economic events and awareness activities;
2. Communicate our projects, activities, programs and events;
3. Comply with the law, rule or regulation and all legal orders and processes;
4. Perform and conduct due diligence for, and documentation of, our transaction; and
5. Any other purpose relating to any of the above.
6. We retain your personal information depending on the purpose it was processed and for statistical, research and other purpose specifically authorized by law.
To maintain the integrity and confidentiality of your personal information, we put in place organizational,
physical and technical security measures to protect your personal information, such as:
- Use of secured servers, firewalls, encryptions and other latest security tools.
- Limited access to personal information to those duly authorized processors. All transfers are made after complying with the
established confidentiality policy and practices in place.
- Maintain a secured server operating environment by performing regular security patch update and server hardening.
COOKIES AND RELATED TECHNOLOGIES
A cookie is a small piece of file which originates from a website and is transferred to the user's hard drive to record the user's
browsing activity. Cookies were designed to remember pieces of information that the user has entered in a certain website.
Essentially, cookies help in making the browsing of our site easier by, among other things, saving your name, addresses,
passwords and other preferences.
Most web browsers are set to automatically accept cookies, but you have the option to refuse all cookies or indicate when a cookie
is being sent. However, if you choose not to accept cookies, you may experience some delay in browsing our website or it will not
function properly or may be considerably slower.
RENEWAL OF POLICY
We may periodically update or amend this policy in order to adhere to new and existing laws affecting the DPA,
including any change or improvement we establish to secure your personal information.
Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org